An experienced musician and voice teacher with a strong track record in the Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks and East Grinstead area, working with individuals, youth and adult groups.
Successful in both individual exam and vocal improvement, and in the production of original and established works. Combines significant composition, arrangement, voice technique and direction skills with the ability to communicate and relate with people of all ages.
Experienced vocal teacher (currently teaching at Hillview School for girls in Tonbridge and with a range of private individual students) and musical director with both adults and children, previous experience in recording studios
Proficient pianist, accompanist and bass player.
Composer and arranger of original music in wide variety of styles – choral, rock, jazz, orchestral, folk, musical theatre.
Proficient user of music software – Sibelius, Sonar – to compose, arrange, transpose and record music.
• Vocal teacher at Hillview Girls’ School, Tonbridge.
• Musical Director for Dorking based Phoenix Creative Arts Senior Youth theatre (ages 11-18)
• Private, individual voice training (ages 8 - 60) – including specific examination preparation (Trinity, London College of Music, Rock School, Associated Board), and audition preparation (successful London cast placements at Les Miserables, Annie, Sound of Music and Royal Academy of Music)
• Vocal teacher for Phoenix Creative Arts - Dorking
• Vocal teacher for Tunbridge Wells Italia Conti Associates ages 6 - 18
• First call singing teacher for Cicero Language School
• Singing teacher at Yew Tree theatre school, McAllister Brown theatre school, Dorking Academy of Performing Arts
• Bassist and backing vocalist for local rock band Hair of the Dog
• Former founder member and horn arranger of function based soul band Soulside
• Previously Keyboards and backing vocalist for function band Taylor Made
|2009 - present||Phoenix Senior Youth Theatre||Musical Director|
|2009 - 2013||Phoenix Creative Arts||Phoenix Creative Arts Singing teacher for individual and group sessions – exam and audition preparation|
|2006-9||DAPA||2006-9 DAPA Singing teacher for individual and group sessions – exam and audition preparation|
|2006||Italia Conti Associates||2006 Italia Conti Associates End of year vocal concert involving children aged 6 - 18|
|2005||2005 Southborough school of dance (summer school)||Singing teacher and arranger for children’s workshops and performance|
|2004||Mid Sussex District Council||Giants Symphony
Assistant musical director and composer of original music Singing teacher for adult and children’s choirs
|2003-4||St Augustine’s school||Choir leader|
|2003||Cheque Mead theatre summer school||Anything Goes
Musical director for rehearsals and performance - all age groups
|2003||Aberystwyth||Summer school - age group 6-17|
|2002||Chequer Mead theatre summer school||The Wiz
Musical director - age group 11-17
Musical director for adult rehearsals and performance
|2001||2001 Chequer Mead theatre summer school||Genome Composer of original musical Musical director for rehearsals and performance – age group 11-17|
|2000||Sevenoaks community theatre||Celebration 2000
Composer of original music content Musical director for large-scale event rehearsals and performance – all age groups
|2000||Cheque Mead theatre summer school||Heavens Below
Composer of original musical Musical director for rehearsals and performance – age group 11-17
|1999||Stag Youth (Sevenoaks) theatre summer school||Club Dionysus
Composer of original rock opera Musical director for rehearsals and performance – age group 13-17
|1999||1999 Chequer Mead theatre summer school||Game On
Second run of successful original musical Composer and musical director for rehearsals and performance – age group 11-17
|1999||Stag Theatre (Sevenoaks)||Christmas Carol
Second run of successful original adult musical Composer and musical director
|1998||Stag Youth (Sevenoaks) theatre||Game On
Composer of original musical Musical director for rehearsals/ performances – age group 11-17
|1996||Trinity theatre TW||Christmas Carol
Composer of original adult musical Musical director for Christmas run at Trinity
|1995||Sevenoaks community theatre||Beggars Opera
Musical director, arranger, composer of original music for open air performances across the summer